Ok, we all know I love chocolate! I have times where I demolish an entire plate of desserts in one sitting. Throughout my journey I have learned to find a balance in the foods I am eating. And that means working my treats into my meal plan too! These brownies are a great way to get that sweet fix and stay on plan! If you follow our portion control 1 brownie is the equivalent of 1 yellow container. Simple as that!! Want more fun recipes like this, or to find out about the portion control plan that has become a way of life? Just send me a message :-)
-Non stick cooking spray (I use coconut oil spray)
-1 15oz can of chickpeas (garbanzo beans; drained and rinsed)
-1/4 cup organic grass-fed butter melted (or extra virgin coconut oil)
-2 large eggs
-1/2 cup pure maple syrup (or raw honey)
-2 tsp. pure vanilla
-1/3 cup organic unsweetened cocoa powder (I used Chocolate Vegan Shakeology)
-1/2 tsp. baking powder- gluten free
-1 pinch sea salt
-1/4 cup semi-sweet (or dark) chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Line 9x9 in. baking pan with parchment paper, lightly coat and set aside (I sprayed a muffin pan 12 tin with coconut oil and it worked perfectly)
3. Place chickpeas, butter, eggs, maple syrup, extract, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt into blender (or food processor) cover; blend until smooth.
4. Add chocolate chips; mix by hand until blended.
5. Evenly spread into pan.
6. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into the center of the brownie come out clean.
7. Cool and serve.